When the house lights go off and the stage lights go on, it’s magic.
I’m the co-founder of Firefly Shadow Theater. Since 2000, Firefly Shadow Theater has been creating and producing original works and adapting classics as well as little-known stories for a range of audiences both in live performances and in finely-crafted short films using cut-paper, the human form, story, and music.
From avant-garde shows for adults in clubs to educational workshops for children in schools, I work with my co-founder Andrea Caspari to bring new vision to an ancient form.
My work with the company includes:
- Play Writing
- Puppet Making
- Mask Making
- Lighting Design
- Music and Sound Composition
To learn more about Firefly Shadow Theater, see the company’s website. Both Andrea Caspari and I offer workshops and residencies in shadow puppet making.
- The Washington Post Grant in the Arts
- Target Stores Art in Communities Grant
- Washington Performing Arts Society Arts in Schools Grants
- Massachusetts Cultural Council Grant
- The Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County (MD) Artists in Schools and Artists in Residence Grants
I have written original scripts and adapted stories for ballet in collaboration with Arizona-based choreographer Nancy Schade. My work in dance also includes dance teaching at Knock on Wood (MD) and Windfall Dance Studio (IN) and I choreographed many a show for Indiana University, The Washington International School, and Sidwell Friends.