Online Experiences to Thrum with Me this Fall
Check out my list of weekly workshops and monthly retreats.
Sharing what I’ve learned is the most illuminating and rewarding part of the work I do.
Nationally-recognized public speaker on creative writing, music, creative arts, theater education, shadow theater, critical thinking, resilience, STEM/STEAM, and more for:
- International Literacy Association
- American Library Association
- National Council for Teachers of English
- Johns Hopkins University
- Utah Humanities Book Festival
- DC Author Festival
- Many other national organizations, universities, literary, and arts conferences and festivals
Creative Programming Development and Teaching
Course, class, and/or workshop development and presentations for:
- Pen/Faulkner Writers in Schools program
- College Park Arts Exchange
- An Open Book Foundation
- Passion for Learning
- Carpe Diem Arts
- Gadget Lab
- The National Theater
- The National Zoo
- Pyramid Atlantic Arts Center
- Hundreds of schools, libraries, and museums throughout MD, DC, VA, as well as around the country.
Individual and Group Retreats and Salons
Founder and host of:
- The Hive, a monthly working retreat for women artists in Maryland and Washington, DC
- Creative Process Retreats at College Park Arts Exchange
- Arts Education Retreats at Carpe Diem Arts on the Eastern Shore
- Brown Bags for Creatives: an interdisciplinary salon focusing on process
- The Silver Spring Town Center Interdisciplinary Arts Salon, a quarterly community event
Private instruction and coaching, in-person and via Skype.
I offer private sessions in my home-studio or via SKYPE. I structure it in a similar way to music lessons and charge the same amount that I would for private music lesson ($60/hour). You can take as many lessons as you want, when you want. We go over your work together on the spot, and I share my suggestions for shaping, revising, moving forward. Many writers find that this kind of personal-training method enables them to grow as writers and also to complete their creative projects.
Sign up for my mailing list for classes–you won’t be bombarded with emails–and or contact me directly.