What Makes Your Soul Sing?
It’s sort of like each soul has a sound that is its signature–and your soul just wants to feel the vibrations of this sound.
Meet Tripp and Lyla. On odd days, loner Tripp Broody uses a practice room to let loose on the guitar he’s borrowed from the school after his mom took his own away. One even days, Lyla Marks uses the same practice room. To Tripp, she’s trying to become even more perfect–she’s already a straight-A student and an award-winning cellist. But when Lyla begins leaving notes for him in between the strings of his guitar, his life intersects with hers in a way he never expected. Challenging each other to write songs, they begin to connect, even though circumstances threaten to tear them apart.
The Songs from Guitar Notes
If you’ve read the book you know that Tripp and Lyla write eight songs in the book and the lyrics and chords are in the back of the book. But did you know you can actually hear the songs?
Here’s Lucky Me, which is the last song in the book:
Listen and download all of the Guitar Notes songs. Yep, for free.
Awards and Honors:
- Winner of the Beehive Book Award (UT) for Best YA fiction 2015
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award Nominee
- South Carolina Junior Book Award Nominee
- Connecticut Teen Nutmeg Award Nominee
- MTV Hollywood Crush Choice for Best Books 2012
- Conneat (OH) English Festival Booklist Choice 2015
- Kentucky (NKU) Bookfest Booklist Choice 2014
- Avon School Middle High School (MA) One Book Choice 2014
You can find videos, how-to lessons, free songwriting notebooks, lyrics & chord sheets, reading guides, and tons of stuff about the book and about songwriting.